Saturday, August 22, 2009

Just sharing some reading fun...

Please stay tuned for some photos of butter making. We went to the store, but the gentleman forgot to place the cream in our bag...or I forgot a bag. Oops. Have to return to the store after church tomorrow. :(
Today we went to Borders after gymnastics. Watching the girls tumble, twist, and balance today was hysterical. That said, we were choosing a birthday gift at Borders when Biggest Sister requested a book. It was Harold and the Purple Crayon. What mom can say "No." to such a great book??? It also just happens to be one of the books on our reading list this year. Instead of reading it to her, I had her read it to me. I adore listening to her read. The following exchange was truly one of the very best parts of the day:

A:: "Mom, why do you think these pictures are real?"
M: "I don't know. What do you think?"
A: "Well, I think that an ordinary crayon couldn't do this. This must be some sort of a magic crayon."
M: "I think maybe you're right."
A: I know there isn't really magic crayons, but it sure would be fun to have one.
M: I couldn't agree more. What would you make?
A: Everything amazing and incredible. Think of the stories I could tell you about!

:)

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite books while growing up was "Harold and the Purple Crayon"...I have my own copy now that I'm a Gramma!! Ainsley must have a "bit of grannie in her"!!!
    Keep on reading!!!

    ReplyDelete





Copyright Information


All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the property and copyright of harbaughhomeschoollife.blogspot.com.
No images or content may be used without my written consent.© 2009 All rights reserved.

Mostly because I don't want anyone who mights stumble across this page to use any photos of my sweet ones. :) Thanks!