Sunday, September 13, 2009

Moved to tears...



As I sung the words to this song in church this morning, I found it impossible to hold back my tears. I found myself overwhelmed, once again, by the truth of who Jesus is. I stood there, tears streaming down my face, wondering how God could love someone like me, so much...

As I sung the chorus a second time, I realize the lump in my throat was forming for another reason... In tears, I found myself pleading with God to shine His light on the whole world and let them see....really see the truth of Him who is calling their name. He's waiting for them to acknowledge His voice in their life. Namely, the friends and family, whom I love so much, who do not yet understand why it is I sing to, cry over, and plead with a Father in heaven to be mighty to save them. I pray they don't go another day living on their own.

Your Word says: For we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God that we might understand what God has freely given us...the man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Corinthians 2: 12, 14

Lord, God, I stand humbled by your love and the gift of your mercy and grace. I don't understand why you are ever so patient and loving with me...why you turn your face toward me when, too often, I am trying to live on my own strength. I need You, Lord. I believe in my heart and express with my mouth that You, Jesus, paid the price for my sin. You conquered sin, death, and the grave. I am free in You. I do believe, Lord, I do believe. Forgive and redeem my selfishness and failures. Please just wrap me in You and enable me to grow to be more Christ-like daily.

Sweetest Father, I know there are far too many on this earth who live each day without You. God, many of these are friends and family... beautiful people you have placed in my life for a reason beyond that which I know. Lord, You are, indeed, mighty to save. I believe that with everything in me. I believe You will shine Your holy light on them and call them to Yourself. Lord, please break their hearts of stone and replace them with softened hearts of flesh. I pray you will pour out your Spirit on them...that they will turn toward You with open hearts and hands and receive You. I beg You to open their eyes. This world has nothing for us...nothing. I will follow You. I pray they will too, Lord.
In the Holy name of Jesus, Amen.


What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?

Matthew 16:26


For we brought nothing into this world, and we can take nothing out of it.
I Timothy 6:7

Thanks, God, for the much needed reminder of why I'm here. Help me to keep my eyes focused on You. You are all I need...this world, surely, has nothing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment





Copyright Information


All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the property and copyright of harbaughhomeschoollife.blogspot.com.
No images or content may be used without my written consent.© 2009 All rights reserved.

Mostly because I don't want anyone who mights stumble across this page to use any photos of my sweet ones. :) Thanks!