Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What doesJesus want for his birthday?

These last weeks I have been heavy with thought...feeling God's pull to undo all of what I know Christmas to be. Yielding to His prompting to lay everything I know Christmas to be, down on the alter. That in giving it all back, I might allow Him room to make it what He'd have it to be.

but it's feeling so different, hard, a bit messy... this process of dying to self...

I find myself praying over and over, "May there be less of me, and so much more of You." But I confess, He is still feeling crowded out of my Advent season - crowded out by gift lists, grocery lists, to-do lists...

This Christmas season is all about Him... or is it? Is my Advent season reflecting that it's really all about Him?

What if everything I've always known Christmas to be was erased? What would happen if I let go of everything familiar and set out to embrace the holiday season as He would have it? What if I allowed Him full access to everything from family traditions and memory-making to meal planning and gift-giving? Just what would happen?



What could happen?



He came to change the world... to transform her landscape forever ... Might He change my world this season.... transform the landscape of my heart forever? I hope so. I pray so. Undo me, Lord.

I was reading Ann's ideas and something in me wanted to sing...Yes, all gifts in this family of six could be just for Him... giving to those around the world in need... children circling items they want...

not for themselves, but for others...

Yes, Lord, go ahead and undo my version of Christmas ... build it up new.... may it be Your Christmas. May my own heart be the first gift You open...

1 comment:





Copyright Information


All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the property and copyright of harbaughhomeschoollife.blogspot.com.
No images or content may be used without my written consent.© 2009 All rights reserved.

Mostly because I don't want anyone who mights stumble across this page to use any photos of my sweet ones. :) Thanks!