Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti

I was just reading on Beth Moore's Blog about joining her in prayers for those struggling in Haiti. As I stop to linger on the events in Haiti...tryin' to wrap my mind around what the landscape might feel like there for those wandering with no food, no shelter... I just keep wondering if it were our family struggling in a mass of chaos, who would come to our rescue? When all of our family and friends would be struggling around us, we'd need bigger hands to help carry this burden... Only God's hands are big enough to hold all.

I was talking to a dear friend of mine yesterday... about how we can be more of His hands and feet in this world. I marvel at how God provides eyes to see His world more clearly, if we only take the time to look and see. He offers us opportunities daily, to partner with Him in helping those who are lost and struggling in this world... but will we?

The words from the "acceptable gifts" sermon tumble about in my head. As I stare into the faces of each one of our children, there isn't enough in all the world I feel I can give from the abundant blessing they are to us... and then there is the inconceivable gift - S-a-l-v-a-t-i-o-n.

How do we give out of what we have been blessed with? Lord, please show me how to live with Open Hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment





Copyright Information


All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the property and copyright of harbaughhomeschoollife.blogspot.com.
No images or content may be used without my written consent.© 2009 All rights reserved.

Mostly because I don't want anyone who mights stumble across this page to use any photos of my sweet ones. :) Thanks!