Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

It seems it always rains for at least a portion of the day on Good Friday. I think God knows I need that tangible reminder to really stop and think on all that Good Friday means for me... to give a hard pause and think...

This morning the temp dropped a whole lot when the rain started in. It began to pour and a chill came through the open windows of the house. We all ran to various windows to watch the rain pour from the sky and listen to the peels of thunder rolling across thick air...It seemed, in the quietness of the countryside, that the earth was literally sobbing for Christ's return.

I was lost in my thoughts at the window pane. All I could think of was how glad I am that I know Good Friday is for me. Good Friday is my rescue day... When He came and conquered all for me... and for every other believer in Him. I stand awed that He would willingly die for such an unlovable wretch as me... I stood at that window watching the rain pour so hard that it began to make large holes in the softened earth. I thought, without Good Friday, I would be weeping like that for all eternity.

Thank You, God, for Good Friday. How could any amount of "thank you's" be enough? Wow.

Well, the sun came out this afternoon and we all went outdoors to ride bikes and plant some garden plants in some pots. It was so beautiful - God peeled back the darkness and rain and revealed His warmth and light. So like Him. It reminded me of Easter.

Thank you, God for the daily reminders of who you are and exactly what you did for me. Forgive me when I do life more for me than for you. I don't want to be a lukewarm believer... like the author of Crazy Love writes, and I'm paraphrasing now, being a lukewarm Christian is an oxymoron. It really can't exist... It was an interesting point. So really, where does that put me? Only God can fully answer that - even better than I can for my heart is deceptive even now. Lord, how is it that you can see me as lovely? Oh, how I want to want you more than the air that I breathe... and not just some of the time... I want it always. I don't care if others think I'm crazy. I want to be sold out for you. I want to be tuned in to your Spirit. I know that those who can easily hear your voice know your Word... I want to go deeper with you Lord. Not only in this Easter season, but in every season.

Thank you for being the amazing God you are... and for loving such an unlovable girl as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment





Copyright Information


All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the property and copyright of harbaughhomeschoollife.blogspot.com.
No images or content may be used without my written consent.© 2009 All rights reserved.

Mostly because I don't want anyone who mights stumble across this page to use any photos of my sweet ones. :) Thanks!