Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Under the Overpass

When I received my copy of Under the Overpass, I thought it would simply be an interesting read about street life in America. Having a background in the social welfare area, I wasn't expecting too many surprises. The truth is, I was surprised. Yes, it is a book about life on the streets in America, but it goes much deeper than that. God truly had many "surprises" waiting for me in the pages of the book...and I'd bet He has them waiting there for you as well.

The journey that Mike and Sam embark on opened my eyes to what to what I have often closed my eyes to. That though I can give money and offer to serve food in a soup kitchen, I don't always fully open my heart to those I serve. I have too often remained at a "comfortable distance" and have failed to deeply connect to those I am reaching out to. All too often, we the Body of Christ, choose not to really see those struggling on the street... quickly forgetting they are people made in the very image of our Creator - just like us.

This is truly an inspiring book and I honestly believe if more people read it, God could move mountains in a harvest of people who need our love more even more than our money...who need our respect even more than food to fill their bellies.

Please read this book and be opened to change from the inside out.



**I received a copy of this book from WaterBrook Multnomah in exchange for a personal review.

No comments:

Post a Comment





Copyright Information


All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the property and copyright of harbaughhomeschoollife.blogspot.com.
No images or content may be used without my written consent.© 2009 All rights reserved.

Mostly because I don't want anyone who mights stumble across this page to use any photos of my sweet ones. :) Thanks!