Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nature Study Tuesdays

One aspect of our homeschool life includes a weekly Nature Study. This year we'll be joining friends (last I heard, 30-40 children we're signed up to participate) and heading into nearby park trails, caves, wildlife reserves, etc. to explore God's beautiful world.

If you'll visit the Handbook of Nature Study site, you'll gain better insight into what we'll be doing. The site is listed as Handbook of Nature Study under "My Blog List"

We'll be participating in the Outdoor Hour: weekly challenges (they are listed on the Handbook site in the lower, right-hand column)... As you'll see from the notes, it's all parent-directed learning, but nothing is forced on the child. For example, the children aren't required to keep a nature journal, but one will be offered to them for use as they please.

I think it's going to be great fun and we're all looking forward to it. Rain or shine, we're heading out on a hands-on experience,to see what God has to "show and tell" us about this amazing world He's created.

We'll be participating in the short "lesson", allowing children time to explore as they wish, and then rounding them up for a picnic lunch....please stay tuned as I'll be posting more of our weekly discoveries.

1 comment:

  1. You are so blessed to be surrounded with such great groups! Maybe we will try for OK next tour afterall ;) I am so glad you are blogging and sharing your homeschool through this because we have the same vision for our children, and that is hard to come by! Thanks for letting me learn through you :) And I'm going to say it yet again, who ever thought we'd end up at a point in our lives such as this! But like you, I love it and couldn't trade it for the world!

    ReplyDelete





Copyright Information


All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the property and copyright of harbaughhomeschoollife.blogspot.com.
No images or content may be used without my written consent.© 2009 All rights reserved.

Mostly because I don't want anyone who mights stumble across this page to use any photos of my sweet ones. :) Thanks!