Monday, September 28, 2009

Bright morning blessings...

Psalm 139

God's Omnipresence and Omniscience.
For the choir director. A Psalm of David.
1O LORD, You have"searched me and known me.
2You "know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You "understand my thought from afar.
3You "scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
4Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O LORD, You "know it all.


We woke to a glorious day of warmth and sunshine. During our morning meal, we read in the Word and continued on in thanking God for the richness of this day and all the blessings that we'd soon discover. The littles couldn't wait to be outdoors. So when they had finished eating their nourishing food, I quickly wiped their sweet faces and sent them outdoors. I stayed behind to clear the morning dishes and complete a handful of tasks before joining them.

I began to watch them carefully as I continued at the sink. I wondered why they were playing up near the house. We have this big, open beautiful yard. Why are they so close? Within their first few moments of being outdoors, little faces found themselves smooshed tightly to a screen, hands cupped around eyes in hope of finding better focus. They still couldn't see me. They knew I was there, but couldn't see. They began to endlessly call for me to come. "I'm coming." I assured them.

So with paper, pen, & Bible in hand, I made my own way out to the fresh, sweet-smelling air. Even as I stepped through the threshold to the porch, my littles scurried down the hill, away from me to play. It was then, I realized, they simply needed to know I was close at hand....near to them. Simple assurance of rescue should need arise.

I took my place at the table and began thanking God as I watched the littles play. I could feel the warmth of the sun on my face. You know that feeling. It's as if all the goodness of God comes and settles upon you. :) With that moment, a gentle breeze came and quickly kissed my cheek. Don't you just love these days when summer and fall overlay? When the familiar of summer begins to mix with the newness of fall. A perfect mix... And I could feel Him...close at hand. Thank you, Lord.

I, indeed, share the same need of my children. I seek the assurance of rescue should need arise. The knowing that God is standing beside me each moment of this day. I, like my littles, feel the same need to cling closely when my eyes seemingly refuse to bring Him into focus.

And like them, I call out repeatedly,

"Are you there, Lord?"

"Yes, Child. I'm still here."

"Oh, I just wanted to be sure."

Yes, I understand. He is here. It's my vision that has been darkened by distraction; by this noisy life surrounding me. And I find myself wanting Him....needing Him... needing to see Him.

So I set out to seek Him... to slow my hurried pace and ask Him to clear my many distractions. And as the Faithful One has promised, I find Him. My vision is restored. I see clearly again. I find the assurance only He can bring... and with it, a quiet, peacefulness only He can offer. The many chains of busyness lay broken on the floor. The darkness of distraction has fled, having been illuminated by who He is. I can see Him clearly... standing here with me. He has been here all the while. "Thank You, Lord.", I whisper.

And so I, once again, have been set free to go about these earthly tasks with assurance I am not alone...never for a single moment, am I alone. Praise Your Holy Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment





Copyright Information


All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the property and copyright of harbaughhomeschoollife.blogspot.com.
No images or content may be used without my written consent.© 2009 All rights reserved.

Mostly because I don't want anyone who mights stumble across this page to use any photos of my sweet ones. :) Thanks!