Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Be Still and Know...


Colossians 1:10
says, “And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God.”

I need to think on this a moment...

How do I really go about living a life worthy of the Lord?

If I am honest, I don't have a place to begin. All I know to do is drop to my knees and ask. I must learn to silence the rush of thought, and embrace the stillness...to seek His face and turn an ear toward His gentle whisper.

And then...

to please him in every way!

Yes, I need to spend awhile on these weighty words as well...a good, long while.

Lord, I seek the answers only You can provide. Infinite wisdom is Yours alone. Please, teach me to slow; to bend my knee and lay aside all the many things which clutter my life and hurry my pace. Lord, you were never hurried. You were deliberate. Teach me to be still in You... so that I might know You...

Lord, make me more like You in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment





Copyright Information


All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the property and copyright of harbaughhomeschoollife.blogspot.com.
No images or content may be used without my written consent.© 2009 All rights reserved.

Mostly because I don't want anyone who mights stumble across this page to use any photos of my sweet ones. :) Thanks!