Monday, January 18, 2010

A broken world

I have been meandering the internet this morning. I found my way to familiar blogs that inspire me to go deeper with God. In the mix, I found myself reading the story of another. It turns out, her husband has brain cancer. Last night, just before I found my way to bed, I read of a friend who's husband just now found out he's "cancer free"... but his mom is in the process of losing her hair. I have a high school friend, with two small girls, who is walking her own path with this ugly disease that has seeped into the marrow. I read the note of a friend yesterday explaining how her newborn's days on earth were so much shorter than she'd want for him, then another loss of an unborn child of an adoptive mother, and even as I type she stands to lose yet another child they are desperately trying to adopt - all in a little over one year's time. Lord, I'm searching for understanding.

I know You see each of these, your people. It breaks your heart to see them cry. In all of this, I find myself crying out for you to return...Come, Lord, why won't you come???

Then I stop and consider the friend in her 20s who has yet to release herself to His care. You're waiting waiting for her. I remember those I have listed on my prayer cards who claim to have a faith and knowledge of You and I am earnestly praying it true... I am praying a passion for You might consume them completely. Yes, Lord, I understand... You are waiting for them.

Blessed be the holy name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment





Copyright Information


All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the property and copyright of harbaughhomeschoollife.blogspot.com.
No images or content may be used without my written consent.© 2009 All rights reserved.

Mostly because I don't want anyone who mights stumble across this page to use any photos of my sweet ones. :) Thanks!