Thursday, January 7, 2010

Creativity in the New Year

Okay. So this is officially the first post of the new year...and, um, well, I'm already begin as it's already a full week into it. It's embarrassing to see I have not posted anything since mid-December. I have/had so many posts in the works...so many things God was(and continues) teaching me in the days and weeks leading up to Christmas...but anyway, I'm here now...and so I write...

All I want to do these days is create...everywhere I look around my home, I see endless possibilities for change - for something new made from something old and outdated. I have been craving new... I have started my new exercise regime, started seeking even more creative ways to include healthy veggies into our diets, and started one too many new DIY projects... I am in the mood for an overhaul - inside and out. I'm loving, yes, loving the cozy days of winter. I enjoyed sitting in front of the fire with the kids today and reading to them for over and hour and a half...But boy, am I yearning for fresh dirt, gardening and the smell of fresh cut grass on a warm summer's day. I find myself getting antsy evening considering all these swirling ideas.

Tonight I am reminded God is fully in the business of making ALL things new. He is THE source of raw creativity. Perhaps He's looking me over right now and feeling just the same as me...Hmmmnnn, wouldn't I like to do a bit of overhaulin' and a few DIY projects on her this year...

Oh, I bet He most certainly would. I have to be honest, I certainly could use some heart-overhauling... and a bit of the Master's completely unique creativity infusions...I pray He recreates something beautiful from my lump of unworthy ashes. Goodness, I love the Father... I pray I have a heart willing to fully embrace the changes He has in store for me in the millions of moments that will fill up these days He has so graciously blessed me with.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment





Copyright Information


All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the property and copyright of harbaughhomeschoollife.blogspot.com.
No images or content may be used without my written consent.© 2009 All rights reserved.

Mostly because I don't want anyone who mights stumble across this page to use any photos of my sweet ones. :) Thanks!