Friday, January 29, 2010

Good Stuff

These just happen to be my favorite flowers. I love Gerbera Daisies. I'm thankful God used some of His awesome creative power on these...

They make me smile... really, really big smiles.


Want to know what else I am thankful for tonight?

That God has blessed my life with truly awesome friends. I needed some people to be there for me tonight... And God brought one through this funny, little blog. She commented on a post and God's timing allowed her to be a "calming voice" on the other end of an email screen. When I was lost in a sea of anxious thoughts, I knew there was another friend I could phone, no matter what hour of the night it happened to be over in her place on the world. It was late. I phoned her anyway. I knew, without a doubt, she'd be there for me.

In the instant she answered... She listened. She cried. She prayed.

I am so richly blessed by the rich and diverse friendships in my life. I continue to learn more and more how much I value these beautiful treasures. Not all friendships are like these. And contrary to popular belief, you don't necessarily need a whole bunch of years under your belt for there to be understanding between you. Not every person who bears the label of
"friend" will drop everything they have happening in their busy lives to listen to you or pray with you or fill a need, the instant you call on them...

I am so incredibly thankful for the rich friendships God continues to provide as He moves us around His earth. In every place I have lived, I have met truly incredible people.

So tonight, even as I sit waiting for the medical results to come back, I am filled with peacefulness and a thankful heart. I have friends who were there tonight praying peace over me and my family...and I couldn't be more thankful for them right now. I am filled with His peace. God is good. All the time.

He is the giver of everything...
I'm thankful for the truly beautiful flowers that grow in my garden of friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment





Copyright Information


All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the property and copyright of harbaughhomeschoollife.blogspot.com.
No images or content may be used without my written consent.© 2009 All rights reserved.

Mostly because I don't want anyone who mights stumble across this page to use any photos of my sweet ones. :) Thanks!