Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Oh the irony

So my last post was on paying attention to important things in life... okay, so it was a soapbox for a spiel on eating well (which, I will probably always have something new to share on that anyway.) Okay. So most of you know I'm, well, somewhere around 8 months pregnant. Lately, all I want is breakfast food. Lots and lots of it. Now, it's easy to make most of the things I'm wanting... and easy to make them incredibly healthy....

But today, I had a friend make me some fantastic unhealthy ones - well, still better ingredients than most, but not exactly healthy. We had white flour waffles that actually call for bacon grease as an ingredient. We had nitrite and nitrate free bacon of which I ate 7 pieces. Yep, I didn't even tell the kids we had bacon as an option. We had fresh, crispy, homemade hashbrowns. Oh, and the bestest part... the waffles were topped with lemon curd - in all of it's creamy glory! I was in heaven. I ate like a pig. Seriously, I was so full I couldn't breathe... and I'm carrying so low, that I have never had that problem yet during this pregnancy. Yes, I ate and ate and ate more. DELISH!

So she sent it home with me... If you could see my plastered smile! Ah, I get more later. Seriously, I'm nuts over breakfast. I'm blessed to have friends offer to cook me up some craving foods... and watch my kids as I make a run for the store to restock my fruit supply. What a great day. We started out over at her home at 10:30 and stayed until 4:30. Littlest Sissy had no nap today and all the kids we delightful together. It was a cooler day in the mid 80s. What a blessed person I am always... but I was overly blessed today.

Oh, and the icing on the cake - all four of my kids fell asleep on the way home. So it was peaceful and quiet the entire ride. I made some dinner for them and they were all so tired and in need of some down time, they went to their perspective sleeping places, drawing doodle pads in hand (all four of them) and asked me to tuck them in for the evening. The time: 6:40pm. Yee Haw!!!

So I am off to clean up the kitchen and have some peace and quiet time with a book and a jetted tub. What a perfectly delightful day of goodness and blessing. Thank you, Jesus, for really smiling big on me today. I am most appreciative. ;) The single thing that would really make this day over the moon - to have my hubby walk in the door and give me a great, big hug and some snuggles. Ah, maybe in a few days, God willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment





Copyright Information


All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the property and copyright of harbaughhomeschoollife.blogspot.com.
No images or content may be used without my written consent.© 2009 All rights reserved.

Mostly because I don't want anyone who mights stumble across this page to use any photos of my sweet ones. :) Thanks!