Monday, November 8, 2010

Seriously?

I was with a good friend the other day and had a very surreal moment - the "how the heck did I get here?" moment of life.

Now, please don't misunderstand, I love my life. I feel tremendously blessed to have these 5 children and the life my hubby and I live with them each day. I will admit, that I have had more than a few moments lately where I throw my hands up and claim, "I give up. How did we get here?"

I feel entirely inadequate to parent and educate this handful of five tiny people. I know that God is strong where I am weak... and that he is glorified when I am made nothing. I am nothing. I can't do it all. I am only me. I have these people depending on me... and I am reminded that God wants me to depend on him the way they do on me.

I have children who aren't listening and obeying me and I am reminded how often I turn a deaf ear to my Father. Yet, my kiddos frustrate me with their unwillingness to obey. My Father is ever patient and loving toward me.

I have much to learn from my handful of tiny people... God is so good to teach me through them and in this journey of parenting.

I am nothing without him. I feel completely unworthy and incapable of the task at hand... and I wonder, "Seriously, why on earth did you bring me to this place?"

His answer is always bc I love you and want deeper relationship with you. Perhaps I needed yet another reminding of just how in-over-my-head I am with all these responsibilities that come with abundant blessing... and He was gracious enough to remind me.

Walk with me today, Jesus. I need to feel you close. I am a weary traveler on this journey and need you to carry me today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment





Copyright Information


All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the property and copyright of harbaughhomeschoollife.blogspot.com.
No images or content may be used without my written consent.© 2009 All rights reserved.

Mostly because I don't want anyone who mights stumble across this page to use any photos of my sweet ones. :) Thanks!