Friday, November 12, 2010

Being Intentional

With the birth of sweet AK, came the inevitable change in our family "routine" ... So while we are in the process of adjusting, I'm implementing "Messy Mondays with Mama" and "Family Fridays" ... I'm praying God's help with this every step of the way. I am a creature of habit and without his help, this will only remain an idea.

The Rules for Mondays: #1 Have fun! Enjoy the Moments!
#2 No cleaning (except the kitchen table and floor) during the day! That
stuff can wait till the evening - it's not going anywhere... These
moments sure are!
#3 Limit the distractions: no phone, computer, tv during the day.
#4 Have fun! Enjoy the Moments!!!

*** School on Mondays will change as well. We'll be doing messy craft projects, art, etc. on Messy Mondays. We'll continue to read, but the other subjects can wait. I have wee ones around and want to enjoy these sweet blessings that God has entrusted to my care... I am certain he will continue to bless their minds and such in the way of formal education as we're seeking to be even more intentional about creating a closer togetherness with each other and Him.

Family Fridays: This will consist of our regular school day and a.m. and p.m. chore packs (thank Mrs Duggar for that lovely idea) But in the afternoon we'll make our Friday pizzas together - and we'll even make our own cheese once in awhile! They love fresh Mozzarella! Friday nights are family night where we play games or watch a family movie with popcorn and end the night with family reading time all together! This will help set the tone for our weekends - to be conscious of taking the time to really seek the moments we can as a complete family... to enjoy each other and really get to know these sweet people we do daily life with!


Dear God,
I am so unworthy and in adequate to care for these 5 small sheep. They will surely follow where I am leading, Lord. So I pray that you enable me to follow you more closely. I can't do anything on my own. I pray you will place your hand of blessing on these small ideas for creating even more closeness in our family. You know me, Father, all too well. You know I crave order in our home.... and you also know that it distracts me from my kiddos at times. I don't choose "the better" often enough - time with you and time with them... So I am asking for you to help us grow closer as as family to you and to each other - - - using whatever means you need to do that.

In Jesus' name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment





Copyright Information


All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the property and copyright of harbaughhomeschoollife.blogspot.com.
No images or content may be used without my written consent.© 2009 All rights reserved.

Mostly because I don't want anyone who mights stumble across this page to use any photos of my sweet ones. :) Thanks!