Thursday, January 6, 2011

a fresh, new year

Happy New Year! Last year when I began this crazy online journal of sorts I felt it was going to be a year of big changes. It certainly was! Most of them took place in my own skin... I was stretched and grew in many areas...

So what lies ahead of 2011? While I do not yet have any details, I trust God will stretch me and grow me again this year. I pray to have a heart willing to step out of my usual routine and habits and follow hard after God in obedience - wherever that leads me. I want to have faith like Abraham...picking up and heading out even when I don't know where we're going...fully placing my confidence in my God. I know I will undoubtedly find myself in the desert at times (perhaps both literally and figuratively speaking) and will have to put one foot in front of the other and choose to see the circumstances of life through God instead of through me. I will also have times where we stand on the mountaintop together - and rest, breathing easy as I take in the site.

Yes, as with any year, God has much in store for me. I pray to live a life of meaning - a life that has an eternal impact and to lay aside all the things that so easily distract me from what He's called me to do and be here on this side of heaven. I especially pray for deeper connectedness with the people God has so graciously brought into my life... namely my hubby and my kiddos. I want to leave a rich legacy of faith when I leave this world...

I have a good friend who had me thinkin' of one word to focus on this year... I didn't read her entire blog post yet, bc I have been thinkin' of that one word for me this year and didn't want her ideas and thoughts to sway me in any one direction. She's got an awesome heart and I know I could easily be swayed instead of taking time to ask God for my own word... :)


I think heritage is a mighty fine word to focus on this year... I have really been meaning to get into more study of the Old Testament for awhile ... I am also interested in digging into my own past a bit to see what I have mistakenly brought with me that really needs to be let go of. And I'd like to seek out more and more ways to build something of great worth and value that is worth leaving to our children... a family life rich in a heritage of faith.


Hope this New Year finds you counting your blessings and maybe finding your own special word to focus on!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment





Copyright Information


All graphics, images and content on this blog (unless stated) are the property and copyright of harbaughhomeschoollife.blogspot.com.
No images or content may be used without my written consent.© 2009 All rights reserved.

Mostly because I don't want anyone who mights stumble across this page to use any photos of my sweet ones. :) Thanks!